POSITIVE+ is proudly subscribed to Sustain®, POPAI’s eco-design indicator tool. But what is it and how can it measure the environmental impacts of your next Point of Sale project?
With sustainability a key topic for our clients and retailers, it is becoming increasingly important for us to measure the environmental impact of display items.
We use Sustain® to generate scores for the following areas:
- Design– Measures the number of components and materials used in a display, analysing its complexity and the design’s environmental impact.
- Supply chain logistics– The tool measures the weight of each component, transport method and distance between supplier and manufacturer.
- Materials, processes & packaging– For each component, the tool calculates the carbon and water content, renewability, recyclability and recycled content.
- Delivery logistics– Analyses the efficiency of the logistics between supplier and customer, by measuring both distances and optimisation of vehicle load.
- Recycled content– Measures the recycled content by percentage weight of both display and packaging materials.
- End of life- This includes ease of disassembly and how the materials will be disposed of; recycled, reused, incinerated or landfilled.
The ability to compare displays against proposed alternatives is a key feature in Sustain®. Once we’ve got the initial results, we can offer recommendations to improve scores, such as how to reduce the carbon footprint and increase the recycled content and recyclability.
Tony Dennington, Chief Commercial Officer & Sustainability Officer at POSITIVE+ said: “Several retailers are now insisting on a sustainability rating for Point of Sale displays. By using Sustain® we can accurately calculate the environmental impact and make recommendations on where further improvements can be made.”
POSITIVE+ help clients build strong brands by combining creativity with the highest quality print and production. All with professionalism, efficiency and our commitment to sustainability. We are proud to be an approved supplier to Boots, Superdrug, The Fragrance Shop, The Perfume Shop, Fenwick, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser and other retailers.
From creative design and in-house production to liaising with retailers and installation, we take care of the whole process. If you need a sustainability rating for your next Point of Sale project, we would love to hear from you. Contact Tony Dennington today on 020 8544 5500 or email email@example.com