Positive+ (PI (UK) Ltd and Colouration Ltd)- 44 Wates Way, Mitcham, Surrey CR4 4HR
This statement outlines Positive+ policy in relation to managing the environmental impact of its business activity.
Posititve+ shall minimise the impact on the environment of the activities that we undertake as part of our business. We commit to do this by:
- Ensuring all of our employees whose activities can have an environmental impact are trained to understand the environmental impact of the activities that they undertake, the equipment that they use and the facility in which they work. This includes awareness of the significance that this organisation places on minimising our impact upon the environment and their personal responsibility to improve this. We actively provide them with appropriate awareness and support, training and resources to minimise this impact;
- Preventing pollution through ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance, application of industry standards and best practice, and effective organisation specific practices and procedures. The company has implemented an environmental management system that meets ISO14001: 2015 certification requirements;
- Forming and achieving specific environmental objectives and targets related to our environmental aspects and potential impacts. These include but are not limited to:
- Designing and manufacturing products to have the relevant recycling symbol to aid correct disposal in accordance with the Waste Regulations (England) 2011,
- Using vegetable-based inks for lithographic print not solvent based inks (that also contain solvents that persist in the environment and are not easily broken down),
- Reducing the amount of solvents used
- Elimination of pre-press waste and chemicals by incorporating the latest digital and large format technology,
- Managing the use of energy and reviewing the renewable energy proportion of the energy supply to increase the mix over a period of time
- Sourcing and the use of FSC® certified paper and board that Positive Images can sell and promote as FSC certified since certification was achieved in 2008
- Working with major retailers to evaluate alternative materials used for promotional and point of sale material, and advising them of their waste obligations in addition to recycled packaging materials
- Implementing a waste recycling programme and reducing our waste to landfill by applying the waste hierarchy. Positive Images has set-up recycling of acrylic wastes in additional to other waste materials.
- Monitoring as part of our regular management meetings the achievement of this policy and to report thereon. A full review is conducted each year or before if there is a significant change to our business. We will continually improve our environmental performance and reduce our impact on the environment.
Updated March 2021.